Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why bother
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJPikey
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: conservation Reply with quote

can anybody on the forum connect us to a link in the last 12mths or so that has an irish or english angler up in court on POACHING charges involving nets,long lines or indeed scuba diving equiptment ehhhhhh dont think so.So whats the problem in telling EVERYBODY what the majorioty have known for more than 5-6years THAT PRI%KS FROM EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ARE RAPEING OUR WATERS OF ITS FISH STOCKS and whats two small to put on the table the BAST%RD% MAKE FISH SOUP OUT OF Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil NO MERCY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation DEPORT,DEPORT DEPORT, SIMPLES Rolling Eyes ISINT IT Question Question
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with all that is being said and believe me i have no love for the way they rape our waters, but the point that someone made is instead of me rining the bailiffs and telling them EE'S are doing what they do best,just ring a tell them some lads are poaching,it might get a better reaction.i am not afraid to tell anyone what i have seen the last 5 or 6 years,it sickens me to look back at the way our water were abused with no regard for land owners or stocks of fish,i never intended for this thread to turn this way ,but it is what it is
les
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the faith Dougie,its the water keepers duty to enforce the laws regardless of where a person is from.
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

les wrote:
Keep the faith Dougie,its the water keepers duty to enforce the laws regardless of where a person is from.

you are right
mikethomson
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont suggest tieing 65lb braid tightly around their necks because that would seem excessive.

50lb is more than sufficient.

mike

ps... and i dont care where they are from. EE Irish or English, if i see anyone slaughtering fish they will be sorry.
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, is there much of a problem with litter in your area ? In the Cavan/Monaghan area the problem just seems to be getting worse. Its not just some of the non nationals who leave litter its also many of our own.
mikethomson
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

litter isnt too bad over here,,

worst place i saw littler was on Hollygrove lake. Was piles and piles of it.

Looked like several people had been camping and left all of their shite behind.

lots of litter sometimes on my local lake (Errit) but that is usually the local youths parking up at night to drink, probably do drugs and have casual sex. I wouldnt mind so much but they wont let me join in ,,, Confused

tight lines

mike
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been on Hollygrove for some time but I am told that it was a mistake opening up a car park at the island and that that is the main place litter is left.
mikethomson
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep,,, i saw all of the litter on the island. Dont know the lake that well but i guess the added convenience of the car park has encouraged the lazy scumbags to come and ruin the place.

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: