Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fisheries Board Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Piking Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Fisheries Board Review Reply with quote

The Dept have been looking at the Fisheries board structures for a few years now and it would appear that things are coming to a head. The Boards themselves have put proposals to the Minister which appear to be finding favor.
Currently Boards have a good number of anglers on each Fisheries Board. Needless to say anglers want a substantial presence on any new boards. To this end a meeting of representatives from almost all national angling organisations was held in Athlone today. All federations agreed that all categories of angling should be represented on each of the new boards and that angling representatives on the boards should be appointed by the Minister on the nomination of the Federations. At present anglers are elected through the angling Co Ops and this has been greatly abused.
All Federations are going back to their organisations to fine tune submissions. It is most important that we make our voices heard now before the Minister makes any decisions
Rory McAllorum
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I think that you would agree when I say that it is about time that the
present structure was changed. I know that a change in the way that the boards work has been on the cards for quite some time. When you say that at present the boards currently have a good number of anglers on each Fisheries Board you do obviously mean trout and salmon angling representatives as opposed to Pike and Coarse!! Was this particular meeting held at short notice? As I don't remember it being brought up at the last meeting. Anyway, It's good to know that we have a chance to redress the balance and seek to have equal representation within the new structure. As you say now is the time to make our voices heard.

Rory
Rory McAllorum
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I think that you would agree when I say that it is about time that the
present structure was changed. I know that a change in the way that the boards work has been on the cards for quite some time. When you say that at present the boards currently have a good number of anglers on each Fisheries Board you do obviously mean trout and salmon angling representatives as opposed to Pike and Coarse!! Was this particular meeting held at short notice? As I don't remember it being brought up at the last meeting. Anyway, It's good to know that we have a chance to redress the balance and seek to have equal representation within the new structure. As you say now is the time to make our voices heard.

Rory
TheGreatJC
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John what organisations were at it?
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other J.C was there. I believe that the following federations were at the meeting
I.F.P.A.C.
N.C.F.F.I.
T.A.F.I.
N.A.R.A.
Recreational Salmon and Sea Trout Anglers
Apologies from I.F.S.A. who had an committee meeting at the same time.
F.I.S.S.T.A. were invited but didnt turn up
jkchambers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a follow up meeting of reps from the National Angling Organisations next friday. It appears that the Minister is keen to wrap the review process up at the end of march. Yes, march this year !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Piking Politics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: