Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fishmaniak questions need answering
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delsalmon
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: fishmaniak questions need answering Reply with quote

fishmaniak, can any tell me what they make of this? its about livebaiting. not for irelnd wink wink. methods? om a catch and release site http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... -nJc7CAiFw its on the bait naturals section
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:shock:An hour gone no reply. Mad Shocked Shocked
delsalmon
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if these posts are not removed and fishmaniak do not abide and ban the users/members, i request that fishmaniak should lose thier affiliation with ifpac, time to get off the the fence jkc and act for the fed. this is pure ridiculous, you defended them 'if they take a few fish for the pot so what' on other forums, this was bad enough, you have to act for us fed members on this one or i have no faith at all in your abilities. great as you are on other issues, you need to step up on this please
jkchambers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware that there was anything on livebaiting on their site. I will check with Pawel in the morning and if there is anything it will be taken down.
jkchambers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delsalmon wrote:
if these posts are not removed and fishmaniak do not abide and ban the users/members, i request that fishmaniak should lose thier affiliation with ifpac, time to get off the the fence jkc and act for the fed. this is pure ridiculous, you defended them 'if they take a few fish for the pot so what' on other forums, this was bad enough, you have to act for us fed members on this one or i have no faith at all in your abilities. great as you are on other issues, you need to step up on this please
The Federation support the current bye laws which allow anglers to take 1 pike under 50cms or 4 coarse fish under 25 cms for the table or to use as pike baits. We recently successfully resisted a move by authorities to increase the 50 cms rule for pike to 70 cms.
F Bell
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we as an organisation supported a total catch and release policy especially in relation to Pike irrespective of the current bye-laws? Which are blatently breached by so called anglers anyway.
jkchambers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are aware that IFI were recently talking about increasing the size of a pike that an angler could take to 70 cms. After a campaign that has been knocked on the head for the moment at least.
There was a posting by a registered user on the Fishmaniak message board re livebaiting. There was a quick reply from another member to state that livebaiting was illegal in Ireland. Some of the posters on their website do not and have never lived in Ireland. I was told this morning that there will be an addition made this evening in bold red letters that livebaiting is illegal in Ireland.
Melanzyk
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delsalmon Your link doesn't work.

You get an answer from Tomi on Pikelines Forum - http://pikelines.heavenforum.com/irish-piking-f3/question-needs-answering-t3219.htm Is it clear enough?

Is there any other site You are trying to make us bad guys on?
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishmaniak,Leopard,spots and all that you know
jkchambers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been much comment on 2 issues.
1. There was a coarse fish recipe section which has now been removed. As we all know Irish Angler also has a recipe section and a while ago had a pike recipe. While this is legal it is better that it was taken down. Fishmaniak is a full catch and release club.
2. There is an old post where someone asked about live baiting. There were replies from members telling him that live baiting is illegal in Ireland. Later today another posting will be put up in bold red lettering stating clearly that live baiting is illegal in Ireland and must not be practiced by members. It must also be remembered that many users of their site live outside Ireland where live baiting is allowed.
There seems to be something of a witch hunt on here . Next we will have pickets on Easons because there are livebaiting sections in many of the pike books on their stands !
In the last week some Fishmaniak guys caught a club member breaking the pike bye law. He has been named and shamed on their website and thrown out of their club. They also removed the Fishmaniak sticker from his car.
Many of us have met and fished with the Fishmaniak guys. They are a great bunch of guys and deserve our full support.
Mickey McKenna
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I met some of the Fishmaniak lads the other week at a lake round our way. I watched them catch 2 Pike which were netted, measured in the net in the water, lifted out of the net and photographed and quickly released. The fish never was taken out onto the bank. This was all filmed as well. The pike were 87cms and 95cms. I think that I and we could all learn a thing or two about pike handling and care from what I witnesed.

Mickey
delsalmon
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not on a witch hunt. I have no other motives. I found a lad based in dublin looking on info on livebaitin, a post sayin it was banned followed, then a post giving exact detailed information followed, this last reply should have been censored, knowing the original poster was goin to use it in ireland. Its that simple. Its on natural bait section 5 topics down. This has been blown way up. It should have been taken down when it was realised it was causing offence. And yes mel, its on 5 forums. And instead of trying to attack me, you should keep a more watchful eye on your own site to prevent arguments like this. Im finished on this matter.
barrow24/7
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delsalmon wrote:
Im not on a witch hunt.

delsalmon wrote:
its on 5 forums.

Shocked Laughing

delsalmon wrote:
instead of trying to attack me

delsalmon wrote:
its on 5 forums.

Laughing Laughing
jkchambers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All items that guys questioned have been removed from the website
delsalmon
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish to congradulate pawel and the team at fishmaniak for removing the livebaiting post and also the native coarse fish recipes, thanks again, all the best in the future and merry christmas
Dermot Ogle
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a certain degree, I can see where Del-(Derek?) is coming from. To be honest it might not be enough to say that Fishmaniak members are not all based in Ireland, when the site is very obviously targeting Polish anglers based in Ireland. I appreciate that there is a very strong 'catch and release' ethos presented to us from the members of this site, but why is it all in English. It almost appears as though its for our benefit, as all the C&R etc, is in English. Every thing else on the site is in Polish. Sorry, if I appear to have a bit of a suspicious nature, I do know some of the members of this site and have very high regard for them and know them to be very respectful anglers with the highest of standards. I guess if you don't know them, given the history of Eastern Europeans in Ireland and some of their attitude towards our fish stocks, its a bit forgivable for someone to be a bit suss.
I have heard nothing but good about the lads from Fishmaniak... I do think they have done a lot of positive things to improve the perception of Polish anglers in Ireland. Wink
D...
Melanzyk
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello lads
Just to let You know few of our members (moderators of our site) are based in Poland. They are very very good anglers but they live in Poland.
Everything on our site is in Polish language (excluding posts started by Irish anglers), it was like that from very beginning.

I don't know why one of IFPAC members is making such a big mess on 5-6 different websites because of one message witch was posted 2 years ago. New guy on our website asked a question about livebaitig and he got a replay straight away in large bold red letters saying that it is prohibited in Ireland. So what was the all mess about?
Regards Melanzyk
mikethomson
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said mate Smile
Mr Pike
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO this have being blown way ott.. and feel embarressed for the poliish guys here . Many of ye have come across members of the polish club on the banks, and so farr i've heard nothing but good things about them. re returning their catch, exempalary handing of pike ,litter, etc etc....
A few quick things i'll throw out here also , how many of us have coarse fish bait in our freezers?, (an from this stach) how many of us are in possession of more than 4 baits whilst out on a days angling ?, also how many of ye have ever live baited ?.(all which are illegal in Ieland).
NOW within the law .. how many have taken a fish or two for the table , for an auld neighbour, or have tasted pike, pech, (eel up till the recent ban) even Gudgeon (delicious), etc etc, Not to mention witness colleagues keep/drag a pike (or 8 Shocked ) around in a keepsack for ages??.......................
MY first book on angling and one i treasure is the 'observers book on feshwater fishes' which contains receipes for every fish , from smelt, shad to salmon, not that i'd try feshly fried smelt in butter .. But out of pure curoisity , i'm sorry i didnt get to see the recipes on the site.. and you have to remember they did state that livebaiting is illegal in ireland.
Plus their moderators are foreigh based which is presumably ,entirely leagl in their neck of the woods .
I find some of the posts here and on other sites on this issue equivalant to a Taliban which-hunt . Finally, I'm discusted (not surprised) with some committee members and regular users of the site that have stayed silent on this ,Afraid to voice opinion , and BETya the will keep their heads buried, until they see how popular opinion falls Confused Confused Confused .

Mr Pike
D Laffan
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on another forum when this came up and was shocked when i did get to see it,now let me tell you I love my fishing like most and have see what has happened over the years but I have to hold my hands up and say sorry to the lads in the fishmaniak club and wronged them ,I have been blinded with hate after seeing pike been killed and gill nets found,banned from my local waters ,court cases and so on that these lads could be the real thing, it is the guy with the lidil rod and the nets that is the danger not the guy that spends his earnings on tackle and I have branded them all polish when in fact they could be from another easteren european countrys as i cant tell the diference ,my hatred for poachers seems to have spilled over to all non irish,I email JK when i heard of this and got a reply ,and for me it is put to bed ,and sorry to the lads if i offended ye,just prove me wrong and happy xmas to ye all.
Dougie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: